Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bingo!




All of the childish squabbling that goes on in this apartment complex that I live in is, for a change, working out in my favor.

The reigning Bingo Queen had stopped our weekly game for the winter because she didn't want to walk the 25 feet to the community room in the snow. (Our walks are always cleared, this is handicapped housing after all!)
Another lady volunteered to run a new Bingo game, on a different day, not wanting to step on any ones sensitive toes. Sounded good to me. I need to get out and socialize now and then.



To shorten this little drama up, I'm trying to remain neutral because I like Bingo and don't see why we can't play twice a week and all have a good time. Unfortunately 90% of the original group decided to boycott the new game for no good reason, but they are starting their game back up tomorrow (still winter) just because they don't like the lady who started the new game.
(These are adults age 50 and above)

For me it's a win. I love Bingo and need to get out. Twice is better than once. If they weren't squabbling over who was Bingo Queen it would be something else so I'll just grin and bear it. If it gets to out of line I'll tell 'em to knock it off. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

See you tomorrow.













1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a bunch of teenage drama queens!! LOL...I know people like that, though. They are everywhere.
    YOu just enjoy your bingo!! :)

    Man, I'm really hoping ESS is up soon!!

    ReplyDelete