Saturday, February 14, 2009

Holy pharmacuticals Batman!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the amount of pills I have to take every day. While living in Utah my doctor and I agreed that less is best and worked at reducing my use. This pile of bottles looks more like what my husband needed just before he passed away.


The box with pink top is how I keep track of them all and make sure that I don't take them too often. You'd be surprised how many times that little box has kept me safe. Just a quick check of whatever day of the week it is tells me if I've already taken that dose or not.


A couple of the bottles say they can cause drowsiness, so it really is no wonder why, on the higher pain level days, I might just fall asleep in the middle of whatever I'm doing. Especially at night when I don't have sense enough to go right to bed after taking Ambien. Speaking of which....I should be doing that now.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, girl....that is a lot of pills! I only have one kind to take and I am ALWAYS trying to find another way...I have Crohns and I'll go off for a while and then end up having to get back on the meds again. I'm always in search of a more natural way..I hate pharmaceuticals! In fact, I still have most of my pain pill rx left from after my surgery last year.
    My GI doctor fusses at me for not taking the meds....I'm about to have a check up and I'm gonna tell him I want to come off again. He probably hates to see me coming! LOL!!

    By the way....I think ESS is finally back up! woo hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete