Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 4

Throughout my life I have gathered many treasures. On more than one occasion I have lost nearly everything. There have been times so low that I've wanted to just give up, but somehow I'm still here and a few of the things I've collected have survived for many years. Of course there is always something new as well. A special gift or a memento of a happy day. Whatever it might be, because of all I've lost these little things mean more to me than ever before.
In this photo is one of my treasure shelves. The doll was a last gift from my husband, the cat a memory of a Utah friend. The little boy with the teddy bear reminds me of when my twins were small. I've had that for nearly 30 years. Same with the other little boy, he is stooped down looking at a turtle. That was a Christmas gift from my parents and I'll never forget when I opened it. I lifted the tissue from the box and there was an adorable little tiny turtle! I picked it up to show everyone and said "Look! I got a turtle!", just as I said it I realized there was more in the box. I pulled out that sweet child and said, "and it comes with a boy!"....I don't know, maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny at the time. I've always been a bit backward.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment