Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today it's snowing....again! But we've been there and done that picture wise already. Unless I can get an awesome snow shot there's no need to go there again.


I was just over on Facebook and my sisty had just tagged me and my baby girl in a couple of pictures. There are very few pictures of me with any of my kids. Mostly because I'm usually the one behind the camera. I also rarely like any photos taken of me and with today's technology it's easy as pie to just edit what I don't like. Two of these photo's are acceptable, so I have no problem posting them here. I remember the day these were taken and it was a very happy one! I also know that I've lost 10 pounds since then because I've been to the Dr. twice and weighed on their "official" scale. I'm not on a diet, or eating less. Just newly diagnosed as diabetic so I'm eating....different. I couldn't accept giving up the Pepsi that I love so much and can't stand the taste of Diet Pepsi, so I allow 1 a day and water the rest of the day. That alone eliminated a LOT of calories! I also seem to be eating all day long, celery, carrots, apples, dried apricots, prunes, string cheese.....and then I eat dinner. LOL It isn't easy to eat all the time when you aren't even hungry, but it's something that has to be done to keep the test numbers between 95 and 105.

I personally think that I look healthier...at least in the face....when I weigh more. I'm at that age when your skin begins to lose it's elasticity and all the facial exercises in the world aren't helping me with that "saggy" look. Bllllaaaaahhhhh!!!!! Good thing I'm not lookin' for no man! LOL

FYI Today is the anniversary of the Wright Brothers First Flight. Yesterday was National Nothing Day!!! Yay for both of those!!!!

See you tomorrow.





2 comments:

  1. Those are great shots! I really love the first one...so sweet!
    I know what you mean about the face thing. My face looks healthier when I am a little heavier. When I get my body to a place where I feel like it looks good, my face looks gaunt! I guess we can't win...the main thing is to be healthy, right? :)
    Great post....I wish I had known yesterday was national nothing day!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang I missed National Nothing Day!!! That sucks!

    ReplyDelete