Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have been honored today with this most excellent award! Many thanks to you Lori Ann for all the nice things you said about me. If you hadn't just received this award yourself, you would be right at the top of my list of people to give it to! I will do my best to follow the rules though, so I guess I will begin by listing five things I'm addicted to. There are a few different directions I could go with this. The ridiculous, the serious, try to be funny, or maybe seriunnylous!

1....might as well face it, I'm addicted to love.... (is there a 12 step for that?)


2. PPPppppepsi, PLEASE!!!!!! (One a day with no caffeine is just a tease for an addict like me!!!)

3. smoking, but I almost have it licked! Some days I don't even think about it, other days I might smoke 3 or 4.


4. digital scrapbooking, and I dare any one to try it for a week and NOT get addicted!

5. stuff, you know, like sit-arounds, dust collectors. I'm kinda choosy about my stuff, and I really hate it when I lose my stuff.


Now it is time to pass the torch, so to speak. To honor 5 others just as Lori Ann has honored me. The first couple are easy as pie for me. Every day I check out 4 blogs just hoping there will be a new post that in one way or another will brighten up my day! Lori Ann is in that 4, so I' start out with 3. I've got a couple more in mind, but I want to get this party started.


In no particular order I have chosen these 5 to receive the Fabulous Blog Award:


Andrea (these are the days to remember) who is my scrapbooking mentor. Without her I would never have found this wonderful world. She is also a great writer and reading her blog is like she is bringing you right into her family with all the laughter and the tears. I never want to miss a moment!

Audrey (jacobsonfive) A fantastic children's party planner, caterer, SAHM, and great recipe supplier. Always has tons of pictures that I love and you can vote on naming their baby girl! I only wish she would post more often, but she is very busy and very pregnant!


Tara (chiapellifamily) She puts fun things on her blog. Over the holidays she had a snowball fight with her family! I was sooo cute and too much fun! It's a family life kind of blog, but they are such a cute family!

Deb (listed in my Partners in P 365) I love this one because not only are her kids cute, but she takes pictures of the pets as well, and often it sounds like she refers to them just like the rest of the family. I love that!


Vicki (aworkinprogress) What's not to love here!? She has combined her usual blog with Project 365 so we get pictures of her doggone beautiful pups, AND tons of freebies too!

As for my picture of the day, I mentioned above that one of my addictions is my "stuff". Well....a lot of my stuff is actually stuffed stuff. When I worked for the carnivals, that just fed my addiction! One of my bosses used to spoil me rotten, and one day my husband objected saying we didn't have room for all that "crap". The boss just stared him down and said "Everybody needs something to love! Obviously you're not doing your job!". That was the end of any more remarks about my stuffed toys.

See you tomorrow.

PS A hint for tomorrow's "Day". It might inspire you to buy new shoes!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh my gosh....my step mom is the same way as you are about "stuff".....or "crap" as her daughters call it. You should see her house at Christmas!! (She has LOTS of holiday related "stuff"). I'll have to post some pictures sometime. :)

    Thanks so much for the lovely words about my blog....makes me feel good to hear it (well...read it). :)

    I'll be back tomorrow to check on the "day". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award Angel - it means a lot that you thought of me and said such lovely things about me. Sending big hugs x

    ReplyDelete