Saturday, January 24, 2009

Perceptions and Transitions


It is late and today is an undesignated day. I
almost didn't turn my computer on, but I did make a commitment, so on with the show!
Today is about perception and transition. I know that I'm not alone in having this poor perception problem. I read enough blogs and watch enough on Tyra and Oprah to know that nearly everyone has a problem with their perception of themselves.
On this post there are three pictures. The first being how I normally look when I'm around people. This picture shows what people see when they look at me. I'm getting tired of the upkeep on the hair though.......
This next image has been Photoshopped to show my perception of what I "think" people are seeing when they look at me. The two pictures were taken on the same night. On one level I know that the top picture is a closer representation of what I actually look like, but that other side of me just can't believe that at my age, I might actually look halfway decent....or maybe I don't want to.




Now here is me in transition. No more pale blond and dark brown hair. No make up. It's going to take a long time to get the hair all one color. Has to be done in stages. Now that I have welcomed the transition I'm more likely to be able to accept the reality that I may truly look like my picture. Just so I don't hear of any more twenty somethings telling my kids I'm a milf. LOL I'm way too old to be trainin' babies!
See you tomorrow.
Think "opposite"!

No comments:

Post a Comment