Sunday, January 25, 2009


Today is Opposite Day! Yay for that and everything that is opposite! The Yin's and the Yang's that make life interesting. Does everything have an opposite? Is it true that opposites attract? Are you the opposite of me? Is day the opposite of night? Black the opposite of white?
I love to do all kinds of word games and I had this great idea to make two lists of words so you could match up the opposites. Only problem with that is, no matter how I type it up on this page nothing ever lines up even close to the way it's supposed to once I post it. That kind of takes all of the fun out of it.
Well here are a few opposites that I came up with. I'm sure that you can add on plenty of your own if you want to.
young- old
poor- rich
sweet- sour
asleep- awake
coward- hero
laugh- cry
cold- hot
long- short
soft- hard
sit- stand
love -hate
life- death
sad- happy
dirty- clean
closed- open
difficult- simple
early- late
dangerous -safe
and on and on and on........
See you tomorrow. (Chinese New Year)

2 comments:

  1. Love that cat picture!! And it's perfect for opposite day!
    I have a few:
    up-down
    hot-cold
    active-still

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...I think you may already know what my "news" is. ;)

    ReplyDelete