Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's National Puzzle Day!!!

Yay for National Puzzle Day! I do love me a good puzzle! I'm more of a word puzzle kinda girl, but totally respect all the jigsawer's out there. I just don't have the personal patience or the space for them unless they're quite small.
One of my favorite puzzles involved 2 bent nails that you had to figure out how to take apart, then put back together again. That puzzle kept the family occupied for quite a while.
When I don't have access to my computer I always like to keep 2 puzzle books handy. One just an ordinary word search and the other is almost always a Penny Press Variety Puzzles and Word Games book. That is packed full of about every word puzzle you can imagine! Crosswords, codewords, syllabuses, cripto families, places please, and on and on.....
Then there are those puzzling questions. Sometimes they are really sorta funny, and sometimes they make you think. Some questions like these maybe,
If it is zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
If someone invented instant water, what would they mix it with?
Some months have 30 days. Some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
Well, I could go on forever and make up a word search and blah dee blah dee blah. Just not techie savvy so am totally puzzled when it comes to blogging on this subject.
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I looooooove jigsaws!! I might have to pick one up this weekend..

    ReplyDelete